Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Carl + Lee = Carlee

Carlee was named after these two great men, Nate's Grandpa's, CARL Rowley & LEE Ellertson. Nate has always talked really highly of his grandpas and has often shared with me many wonderful memories he has with them. I, unfortunately have never really had a grandfather figure in my life. So I hope they don't mind me adopting them as my own grandparents, along with their wonderful wifes.
I'm also extremely grateful that my kids are going to grow up with both sets of grandparents on both side. Our parents are such wonderful grandparents to Aubrey and Carlee and I know that they will build great relationships with them and develop their own fun memories. Oh...I have to share a cute little Aubrey moment. My dad is a bishop of a singles ward down in Provo and Aubrey has heard my dad being called bishop quite a bit. So a few days ago Aubrey has started to call my dad Grandpa bishop. Actually she said "Crampa Bishop". I thought it was cute.

Hear are just a few more random pictures...

Nate thought he would make his own sling for Carlee. I don't know how he thinks of these things, but he keeps me laughing :)

The weekend before I had Carlee, Aubrey and I had the pleasure of going to see Nate's sister Andee's dance concert. This is a special treat for me, I miss dancing so much, so I'm living vicariously through Andee! And Aubrey loves anything that has to do with music. She would ask after each number, "Is there going to be another one? Is Andee in this one?"

Aubrey asked if she could get on the stage after the concert was over and dance. When I put her up there she just stood there, so I asked her to pose. Please excuse the immodesty in the above picture.


This is Aubrey with Andee after the concert. Andee did a beautiful job and because she is a senior and almost graduated, we won't get to see her dance anymore and we sure are going to miss it.

I often plop Carlee on the couch when she's asleep. She looks so sweet all curled up on the couch. But don't let her fool you, when she's hungry or extremely tired...she can sure show a little temper. We love her anyway!

In the photo above, she has her sleeves rolled up on her NEWBORN outfit so it will fit her. I'm glad to report she is starting to finally fit into her newborn clothes...oh and bows. This bow (below) I didn't have to tie in the back to get it to stay on her head! She is slowing but surely getting bigger and Nate thinks she's getting some chubby checks.

I just have to add...nursing the second time around, SO much better!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Nate with Carlee in his "sling"? Hilarious!

Mallory said...

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud when I saw that pic of Nate and Carlee! How funny! And thats so awesome that she's named after Nate's grandpas. They fit together so well it just must have been meant to be! I love it.

Emily said...

can i just day ADORABLE!!!

Eileen said...

She is so pretty! (referring to both girls) I was hoping to see her at Wyatt's farewell. We need to schedule a photo session.

Lindsey Walker said...

Lanae! This is Lindsey (Boren) Walker. I just found your blog through Kristy's. How are you? Your babies are so cute and I love how you came up with Carlee's name! you look like you are doin well, I'm glad I found you, keep in touch!

Sheesh said...

Tonight is SYTYCD in the SLC!! Super excited! We should get together and have SYTYCD partays!!!
P.S. Your kids are adorable and Nate is a goof! Looks like things are doing well! I am so happy for you!

Victoria Elder said...

SO I LOVE Aubrey's pigtails! ADORABLE! Carlee looks like she has lots of hair? SO CUTE! Nate is so clever savin money on a sling right there :) cute

Unknown said...

congratulations Naners! You too Nate. You guys look great! What a cool little family! Good luck in everything!

Wyatt

Marcistar said...

Ok that picture of Nate with Carlee in his sweatshirt is hilarious! She is SO cute Lenae! I love her already! I can't wait to meet her!