Friday, May 16, 2008

Aubrey's 3rd Birthday


The day I came home from the hospital was Aubrey's third birthday. Yes, my girls birthday's are only two days apart. I think I will start to view the beginning of May as a stressful time. I hope they aren't counting on too many birthday parties! Anyway, I let the nurses and doctors know that I wanted to be out of the hospital by 9am to be home for Aubrey's birthday. But as we know, things don't always turn out as planned. The night before I had them take Carlee for the night and bring her in for feedings, which they did a couple times. I sent her back after a feeding around 4am and at 7:15 I got the knock on the door, which I thought meant feeding time again. Wrong. It was the nurse and she came to let me know that durning the night, Carlee's bilirubin count came back from the lab and had shot up. (She had been tested the night before and was perfectly fine.) So now, they had her under the lights in the nursery. The said they would do another test around 8 and see if she came down enough to go home. Around 8:30 they brought her in to feed and it was right back to the lights. Can I just say, I am so grateful that she wasn't under the lights the whole hospital stay. I hated that short time without her. So Nate and I just waited and waited...like forever. They were waiting for the results from the lab which took a lot longer than they told us it would. Well, Carlee's wonderful doctor came in around 11:30 and let us know that she barely went down and that they could keep her there or we come take her home the have her under lights at home. Because of Aubrey's birthday we decided to take her home. This was easiest for feedings (they would have had me come back for nursing) and Aubrey would have been a bit sad if we came home without her sister. So we got home after noon, Aubrey's family birthday party was planned for 1pm. It was a stressful morning but ended up a good day. Aubrey loved the attention of course, and it was really needed after all the attention lately went to me and the baby.




Nate has been so wonderful to make sure Aubrey is taken care of gets the attention she needs. He has taken her on many "daddy-daughter dates"
I don't know what to do when he goes back to work!


I want to thank our wonderful family for all their help at this time and for spoiling Aubrey with great gifts for her birthday, she loved them all! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


Presents!


She didn't pause between opening presents, once she opened one it was on to the other. It was at the end she actually looked to see what she got!


Yummy Costco Cake. Aubrey ate off all the frosting and said she was done. She must get this from her grandma Rowley :)


Singing "Happy Birthday" and candles, her favorite part of birthdays!


Blowing out the candles!


Gotta have party favors!


I thought I would add this picture of Carlee on her bilirubin lights contraption. This is were she was durning the party. This is totally not what I expected the lights to be. I guess technology has come a long way. She had to be in this thing for two days and nights. Not to mention her foot pricked and tested every morning. This defiantly made for wonderful first nights at home! Poor thing. At least she is off them now. Not that it really has changed her night time routine. She still is a little mixed up when it comes to days/nights. I'm praying this will change VERY soon!

8 comments:

Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

You have the most beautiful girls!

Mallory said...

Aww, those pics of Aubrey are so cute! It's just unreal how big she's getting! Glad you got to go home in time for the big party! Hopefully now you're getting to relax a LITTLE :O)

Steffani Dastrup said...

Jax had to do the whole billy lights too! I was surprised at the bed contraption too! WAY better than the suitcase I'd seen other babies in! Unforunately he had to be under the lights for 6 days! That made of a lot of feet pricking everyday! We were happy when the doctor finally told us he could stop!

Victoria Elder said...

Happy late birthday Aubrey!!! Wow she looks so tall in her pictures! I loved to see those of her! Her & Nate having daddy-daughter dates how precious!!!!!!!!!! Carlee is beautiful! she is so CUTE!

Emily said...

aubrey is so cute. that is so sweet of nate to take her out.

bkjones said...

Lenae! What a fun little surprise. You have such an adorable family! Looks like you guys are doing great. Congrats on the new little addition! Keep in touch.

Mathie Fam said...

Lenae.. I can't wait for our girls to play together this summer. My sis is engaged and the date is the third week in July so we will be there for sure then! I promise I will be better about letting you know when I'm up (as long as the flu doesn't hit us this time like it did last time!). What do you think about getting everyone together again for a BBQ? Looks like we are moving to Maine soon so I have to see everyone while I can!We need to talk--like on the phone.

Mathie Fam said...

Lenae.. I can't wait for our girls to play together this summer. My sis is engaged and the date is the third week in July so we will be there for sure then! I promise I will be better about letting you know when I'm up (as long as the flu doesn't hit us this time like it did last time!). What do you think about getting everyone together again for a BBQ? Looks like we are moving to Maine soon so I have to see everyone while I can!We need to talk--like on the phone.