Saturday, May 3, 2008

Carlee's Birthday Story



So I am finally back home! I just wanted to first thank my sister for posting some pictures for me because right now I still don't feel like doing much. I am grateful to be back home with Nate and Aubrey, I was struggling being away from them so long. I actually didn't sleep very well in the hospital even when the nurses took Carlee at night for me, because I was alone in that room. I just didn't like it.

Anyway, a little about the day of the birth:

I woke up on April 30th and got ready early because they said they could call me in to be induced anytime. I waited and at 11:30am I got a phone call from my friend Brittany who is a labor and delivery nurse there at AF hospital. She began telling me how many people they are dealing with and that the labor and delivery floor is completely crazy. She said they have only called in two inductions on the list and I was number six. She wasn't sure if I would get in that day and if I did it probably won't be until the evening. Let just say, I was pretty bummed. So Nate, Aubrey and I took off to get a good and healthy lunch at McDonalds. We came home, put Aubrey down for a nap and at 3:45pm Brittany called me again when she got off of work. She said that it is still pretty crazy, but that they were planning on calling in the third induction soon. I keep dwelling on the fact that there were still two people that they would call in before me. I decided to lay down for a nap myself and at about 5 :15 I woke up to a phone call that said they are ready for me if I could get down there ASAP. I literally jumped out of bed and called out for Nate.

By about 6pm I was getting hooked up to an IV and ready to start this process. I was a little anxious because I wasn't induced with Aubrey and wasn't sure how this would all work. They started me on the drip, then broke my water and it didn't take too long before I started feeling the wonderful contractions. I didn't wait until they were uncontrollably painful to ask for the epidural. I thought, I know I'm going to get the epidural, why wait for the screaming pain? With Aubrey I was having the worst contractions while getting the epidural and I don't remember feeling anything they were doing in my back. This time, small contractions, big epidural pains. OUCH! But even though I had 10 minutes of pain while they were putting in the epidural, it was so worth it! Because then I had hours of no pain.

A couple hours after we started, Nate got the flu. This made the whole experience a little more stressful for me. I felt helpless as my husband laid there on the floor. Something you might not know about Nate is that he is a trooper when sick. When I get a cold, I complain about and I'm miserable. When Nate gets the same cold you barely even know he has it. With this flu, he was down so I knew he really didn't feel good. Luckly wonderful family was there to make sure he was taken care of. Because of his diabetes we really worried. He got a wonderful blessing and his blood sugar went back up.



So everthing was progressing well, until I hit 5 centimeters, then a 4-5 hour stand still. My cervix was not going anywhere from there, maybe because I was stressing myself out worring about my husband. The doctor even mentioned the dreaded C-section because I was not progressing. He gave me a little more time and when he came back in I was at a 5 1/2. Not much change, but nevertheless, change. The babies head also went from a -2 station to 0 station, so Dr. Lamoureux predicted that I would start progressing again. And just as he walked out, PRESSURE! I waited a few contraction and then ask my wonderful family to get a nurse to come check just to make sure. I thought, there is no way I would be ready to push already I was just barely at a 5 1/2. The nurse came in and said, 10, let get ready to push! I literally went from a 5 1/2 to a 10 in ten minutes. They grabbed the Dr. and the next contraction and a few pushes later she was here. I think she must be a prissy one, because she waited at the last minute to come down and out, so she didn't have a cone head. She is perfect. We are so blessed to have this little spirit in our home. I love brand new babies and the spirit that they bring, being so fresh from heaven.




6 comments:

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Oh my goodness Lenae...She is beautiful! COngrats! Hope you are doing well.

Victoria Elder said...

She is gorgeous! Congrats! It sounds like it went fast!

Kristy Stoner said...

I love her addorable nose! I'm sorry I haven't called. I'll do that tomorrow. I promise!

Nichole Bruce said...

She's darling! The last picture of her smiling is very cute! Get some rest. Good job!

Mathie Fam said...

She is an angel! Congratulations again! I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting some kind of rest! There isn't anything sweeter than a new baby!

Mallory said...

Yay! Congrats guys. She is SUCH a cute baby!! I love the picture of her and Aubrey. How fun!!