As many of you have already heard, we are having another GIRL!
Many people have asked how we are feeling about this news and we are so excited. Aubrey told the ultrasound technician that she “wanted it to be a boy though” and so she might be a little disappointed. Of course the lady’s reply was “you better talk to your dad about that”, it is him that chooses the gender after all : )
I have a hard time expressing how I feel in writing so I’ll try my best to explain. Let’s go back to the day of the ultrasound, Wednesday…
After not sleeping well the night before (I’ve been sick), I woke up to an EXTREMELY busy day. I was excited that it would be busy because my appointment wasn’t until 4, which could have made for a long day if I was just sitting around waiting. My day was going by rather quickly, but I was drained! AND THEN I get a phone call from Nate letting me know that he was unable to get out of work to come with me as we originally hoped he could. This news had an affect on the no sleep, nervousness and hormones and brought on the watery eyes. Luckily I didn’t have time to sulk because I had to wake the girls up so I could drop Carlee off at my sister in law Kenzie’s house and get to the appointment on time (dealing with grumpy, woken up children didn’t help my peaked emotion). Kenzie had offered to watch Carlee so I didn’t have the stress of chasing her around in the doctor’s office. Thanks Kenzie! Aubrey was so good to go with me (they give her candy and stickers), as I needed a companion. As I mentioned in the previous post, I usually get a feeling one way or the other as to what the gender is going to be on my way to the doctors, so I thought this time would be the same. Instead the drive over there just brought on more confusion. We went in to meet with the ultrasound tech first and then processed onto the doctor. While I was laying down getting the ultrasound I mentioned to her that Nate seems to “know” it’s another girl, but I haven’t received a feeling one way or the other. She said that she is sorry but can’t get to that part until she has worked her way down looking at every thing that she need to. Which I totally understood, but didn’t like her “I just want to get this day over with” attitude. After all this is suppose to be an exciting time. After about 5 minutes of her “working” on my tummy she says, “It looks… like your husband… MIGHT… be right… it’s looks like another girl”. Now a few thoughts ran through my head, the first being… “Is she saying it IS a girl? Or it MIGHT be a girl?” I was used to Dr. Melendez when he would do my ultrasound and he would say for certain, “It’s a GIRL!” So I was still confused and she just continued to go on to measure the femur bone, etc. So I asked her just how sure she was and her reply? “I never give a 100%” Okay. Whatever. Luckily when I went into see my doctor he took a look at all the many photos the tech printed for him and said, “Yep, it’s definitely a girl” THANK YOU! That is all I wanted a little more reassurance!
So now I felt like I could process my feeling on the news that we were having another girl. I wouldn’t EVER say I didn’t want another girl. In fact I started to wonder, what if I never have another girl and it would make me sad. There is just a special tenderness about my girls that I LOVE. So I was glad to hear that I would have another one that will hopefully became a best friend for me as well as her sisters. The main reason I wanted to hear we were having a boy would be so I didn’t have the lingering question in the back of my mine “Are we ever going to have a boy?” Nate seems a little more sure of the answer to that then I am. I can definitely live with this question. I know other people have harder question running through their minds like, "Will I ever get pregnant?" and "Will we ever get a baby?" I am fortunate enough to know the answers to those questions. We've been so blessed with 2 1/2 healthy little girls!
Back to the events of that day…
I started to worry that I let Nate down, in not “giving” him a son. With my emotions still on edge I started crying the moment I heard the garage door open and knew I was going to tell him the news. He walked in the house and saw me crying and I told him I was afraid he was going to be disappointed. What did he do? He laughed at me! Like I said before, he seemed to know before hand that she was a girl and didn’t care one bit. You see why I need him there? I think I wouldn’t have ended up crying that evening if the news was this baby was a boy. I’m extremely emotional as it is AND I hadn’t cried since before the pregnancy. Okay I have cried since then, but at the usually choked up testimony meeting and sad movies, but not a GOOD cry for ME. I continued to have tears stream down my face for a good while after, even while I was laughing and cooking dinner. Poor Aubrey was so confused. But it felt good and I felt great and refreshed after. Strange? Maybe.
We are so excited that our little girl is growing and is healthy. Good thing we make beautiful girls! Aubrey has come around to the fact that she is having a second little sister. She has even started to thinking of names for us, the latest one being Duty. At first we thought she said Judy, but no, she said Duty. I think Nate and I will be picking her name : )
14 comments:
I am so excited for you!! I am glad they get to have sisters, sisters are the best!
Your day sounds like it was very emotional, but very normal for a pregnant woman. I would have been mad at the ultrasound tech as well, she needs to learn to be more confident in her findings.
I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and you aren't sick anymore.
WOW! Another little girl! {you guys make CUTE girls} I just knew it :)
I remember being pregnant with Ethan and not yet knowing he was a boy. I asked Brent what he would think if we were to have another girl. He told me he would be thrilled because he adores Sophie so much and loves how she has him wrapped around his finger! How sweet is that?! I'm sure Nate feels the EXACT same way! There's something so sweet about a daddy and his girls! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!!
I'm not even pregnant and I'm emotional! I think "Princess Rowley" and our Eloise must have decided to come down together so they can be best friends too!
Welcome to the club! We LOVE having 3 little girls here! I don't know if we'll ever make a boy--it will be fun if we do get one eventually, but we're also quite ecstatic about the idea of possibly 6 little girlies running around! It'll be like one never-ending slumber party!
Congratulations, Lenae!
Congrats! You are great at raising adorable girls!
congrats!!! you do make beautiful girls. i love how honest you were in this post. You make a wonderful mom!!
What a cute story! Congrats on another girl. This time I won't have to travel for pics! That's if you want them again....
You have such darling girls...this one is so lucky to be coming to two older sisters! Congrats!
Another girl how awesome! Congrats!
How exciting!! Your 3 girls will be your best friends forever how fun!
Congrats Lenae!! At least we know you make incredibly adorable girls so it's all good :O)
This kind of made me laugh because you know my sister who is due the same week as you? Well she has 2 boys and no girls, and found out she is having another boy too! Must be something in the water!
congrats! i'm excited for you! remember another girl is cheaper. we are having to buy everything again and it's sp expensive now that we already have the two and people don't give you as much. luckily a friend is giving me a shower though.
Congrats on the girl! Girls are the funnest anyways! I should know! So does that mean my next is a girl too (not announcing!)? Isn't it crazy how emotional you really get when you are pregnant. I am super roller-coaster of emotions during pregnancy. hang in there!
Lenae!! You are so cute! I don't know if I have congratulated you yet on your pregnancy...so congrats! So excited for you! And how fun to have another girl! I think my husband would love to have all girls! We still don't know the gender of this baby..ugh...
Anyways, I am pretty sure we DO NOT own copyrights to the name Brooklynn...and I know how hard it is to agree on a name with your husband.. If you guys love the name Brooklynn- by all means- use it! I DO NOT mind at all! You are so cute for even asking!
When we get back to Utah we will have to get together!
Post a Comment