Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Family Photos

While we were down in Utah County for the wedding we got together with Nate's family for family pictures. 











As I mentioned in the previous post, Carlee can only handle so many pictures : )


Before we went to get these pictures taken, we were roaming around the Rowley's drive way trying to get everyone together and getting the car seats in the right cars.  As this was going on, we noticed a HUGE puff of dark black smoke coming from behind the house across the street.  We immediately realize that it had to be a house on fire and Nate and his dad hop into our car and took off to see what was going on.  It was indeed a house and is one of the sad things to see.  I don't know this family, but my heart was breaking for them and what they would have to come home too (thankfully, they were not home).  Nate was obviously there before the fire department and said he has never felt so helpless.  Watching that house go up in flame has really got me thinking about emergency planning and I immediately thought of family home evening topics for the next MONTH.  After we got home from taking our family pictures we walked back around the corner to see if we could hear anything more about what happen.  I still don't know the conclusion they came to, but it was wonderful to see the neighbors all so willing to jump in and help out.  I saw a women come over to the family with deodorant, toothpaste, and other things that they might need that evening.  I'm so grateful for the counsel given to us by the first presidency of the church to "be prepared".  Sometimes we need to be prepared to help out friends and neighbors ALONG with our own family. 

(These pictures I found on KSL.com of this family's house)




7 comments:

Rowley Family said...

Yay I'm so glad you found the energy to post! Those pictures of Aubrey and Carlee at the temple are really cute!

Amber said...

We were out of town when this fire happened, but you know my parents just live around the corner and the family is in their ward. I actually got to walk through the house a week after it happened...it was creepy. They say it started in the family room at the computer desk where I think they had to many plugs in the surge protector or they had a surge protector plugged into a surge protector which isn't smart to do anyway! The house is a total loss and they are planning on rebuilding on the same lot and possibly the same foundation. So we will see what happens with it in the coming months. They are a very nice family, and I guess she has started her kitchen on fire more than once with a lit candle. Luckily no one was home and she had just left about a half hour before with the dog! It should never happen to anyone and I freaked out a little too! Especially with pictures and stuff like that. She said that her husband had a picture of each child at work each year of school and she had a fire box and pictures saved on cds and stuff...so for just losing EVERYTHING she was very positive and just grateful that they didn't lose more. Anyway sorry for the long comment... thought you would like to know! :)

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

That is so sad! Your family pictures turned out great. :)

Cheryl said...

I love your family pictures, they turned out so cute!! I love to see babies with a pouty lip, you are not alone in that and you are also not a mean mom. Your girls are super adorable, and very photogenic!!

That fire scared me. I was at the grocery store and saw tons of smoke, and immediately started panicking because I knew it had to be a house. I wasn't brave enough to drive by it because I hate rubber neckers, and I knew there wasn't anything I could do. Things like that really make you think and realize how lucky we are. I am just grateful that it wasn't my house.

Camie said...

cute pics!

The Leatherberry's said...

That is so sad about that house! Well, you guys have such a cute family and you look so good! I can't believe baby #3 is on the way! How exciting! I hope we can see you guys on one of your trips to Utah. That would be so fun! And your girls are getting so big! It's crazy how time flies and how fast they grow up :(

The Girardo Family said...

I like the family pictures! I like the red and black colors used! Livie is the same as Carlee with pictures. Its almost a nightmare when it time to take pictures. its amazing how different your girls look and its only been a month since the last time I looked. Hope #3 isn't giving you too much trouble already!