Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First

We've had a lot of "first" happen last week in our family! The first being Nate had his first experience with taping football practice and he of course is enjoying everything about this new job. His boss sent him home last Monday with his arms full of USU football attire, he was in heaven!

I had a few first myself last week: I filled out a March Madness NCAA bracket for the first time in my life and I have to say that I want to do it every year! Nate loves watching the games and since they're on it has been more enjoyable to have someone to cheer for. As of last weekend I am ahead of Nate!  Go me!  I also attempted for the first time cooking a recipe that I've never had that I found online.  I know that may not seem like a huge thing for many of you, but it was for me.  I am a picky eater and I don't like to venture out of the recipes that I know how to cook and that I know my family likes.  But I do have a confession it was really easy and the recipe was nicknamed Candy Chicken.  Who would want to try candy chicken?  Oh and it was delicious! 



Carlee's had her first ponytail!  Isn't she cute!  




I still can't believe how little she is.  She still wears 3-6 months onesies and is almost 11 months!  I think I am getting my wish and she is going to stay a baby forever.  She still has zero teeth too!  Has anyone experienced this with their babies?  Aubrey got her first tooth a 4 1/2 months so this is a little new for me.  I keep think that she is teething and I wait for those teeth, but nothing!  At this point I'm just praying she has teeth.  
On another note she has started to take the risk and let go of the couch and stand up on her own!  But she will not let us try and make her do it, she goes gumby legs on us.


Aubrey had the biggest "first" last week, one of them being her first day of preschool!  




I was going to wait until the fall to put her in school but then a group of ladies in the ward asked if I wanted to join their rotation (teaching every other Monday) and I couldn't pass it up.  Aubrey needs that interaction with kids her age and let's face it, I enjoy the break I get when she is there.  It is right during Carlee's nap time so I now have a chunk of time on preschool days to get things done that I need/want to. 
She also had her first primary talk.  Nate and I were pretty sure that Nate would be the one that ended up giving the talk, but she actually did it!  She whispered most of it, but we were just thrilled that she spoke at all.  She's kind of unpredictable because sometimes she'll talk to anyone she passes and other times she is shy, so we didn't know what Aubrey we'd get on Sunday.  We are so proud of her and can't believe that our first baby is almost 4!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Aub looks like you 20 years ago! Crazy!

I'm going to have to try that recipe. It looks yummy!

Victoria Elder said...

Wow those are a lot 1st! Serious so fun! You guys got a lot going on! Dax didn't any teeth till the day before his 1st birthday! just one barely pokin up he also wore quite a bit of size 6 months till about 1, he is almost 19 months & I have dressed him in a all 6-9 month outfits all week! It's nice cause their outfits last a heck of a lot longer! That is so exciting about aubrey! how proud you guys must feel! that's great miss ya guys!

Kelsy Thomson said...

Sounds like lots of fun things going on in your house! I am glad you are fans of the NCAA. Jeff isn't into it very much but me, being from the city where the UofA is, am totally into it!! 25 straight years of the wildcats being in the tournament! Thats more than ANY OTHER SCHOOL! Sorry, can I just say I am proud of where I am from, and that they are in the sweet 16? He he. Anyway, Carlee is growing up so fast, and SO pretty. Both your girls are so gorgeous.

Emily said...

don't worry about the teeth. holly got her first one at almost 12 months and now only has two, so you're not alone!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

So many fun things!

The Leatherberry's said...

So many firsts!!! How fun and exciting! Your girls are getting so big! They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want their chicken to taste like candy? I love trying new recipes, go wild! What a fun month of first's. Your girls are adorable! DANNY GOKEY IS NUMBER ONE!

Mathie Fam said...

It's so important to notice the "firsts" in life. Kids grow up so fast. I think it helps slow the process if we can notice those special little moments. I can't believe how grown up our girls are. Seems like we were just in high school yesterday.