Friday, July 25, 2008

Insecurities...have 'em, HATE 'em

Have you ever walked into a room and you hear people whispering and they stop when they see you? Then they leave once you get in the room? That happened to me recently while hanging out with some friends. I of course don't know what they were talking about, it might have not even been about me however my insecurities still kicked into full gear.

Now I'm not perfect by any means, I've had times where I unfortunately have engaged in idle gossip. And again, I'm not certain it was gossip, but to whatever it was I was hurt none the less. I have such a desire to have good close girl friends. Let's face it, I already have the best guy friend there is! So when there are girls that I felt could potently be close friends of mine do this...

Anyway, the rest of the night I worked so hard to not let it get to me. I know that I am the only one can MAKE me feel a certain way. I did pretty good until they left and then poor Nate got to hear of my insecurities on the way home.

Experiences like this make me realize I few things. 1) Not to gossip and Not to whisper. If I have something private to share with someone, I'll wait until we are somewhere where I can tell them without worrying others might interrupt. 2) If this was gossip, I want better friends anyway & 3) I love the close friends I do have, even though I don't get to see them often. And I decided to wipe away these insecurities for good. Away with you, I bid you farewell!...Here is my new mind set: Those that don't want to be my friend are missing out because I would do anything for my friends!

So friends, how ever close we are, please help me to keep my goal (#1 above)! And if I was ever on the opposite end to you in the past please forgive me.

It's not a post without pictures so enjoy a couple more of my cute girls!



I also want to Thank all of you that posted such wonderful comments on my memory post! I loved reading them and it lifted my spirits during this pass insecurity crisis.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Lenae, your post made me wanna punch somebody! That's not allowed after HS. I shouldn't be allowed in HS either. Your goals inspired me. Thank you! Love your photos =) and I'm wondering why my link isn't listed among your friends and FAMILY? =) My girls have blogs too. You can view them from my blog http://eileensphotoblog.blogspot.com/
Love ya, Eileen

Lindsey Walker said...

Who would ever talk bad about you? I just always remember you being so sweet. This happened to me a little while ago too and I felt all those same insecurities. Gossiping is rude and wrong. And I hope I don't do it, but this post made me think, and I am going to try a little harder to alway be nice. I know I don't have any kids yet, but we sure do set the example for them. They learn some of that behavior from their parents and then are so mean to eachother through out school! anyway, you are great, don't let people get you down!

Marcistar said...

Lenae...I'm sorry that happened. I know exactly how you feel about insecurities! I hate them too. I wish I could just be confident enough in myself to be fine if people don't like me, but I'm not! You're such a good person!! And those pics are SO cute! That first one of Carlee (hope I spelled it right) is darling! I'm in town until Wednesday but have a ton of thing to do to get ready to go camping with eden for the first time! But hopefully I can find some time to do lunch! I 'll let you know!!

Eileen said...

In response to your comment on my blog: It wasn't negative at all. I love honesty, and it was very sincere. I think Kellie already has your link on her blog. So, no, they wouldn't mind at all.

Cheryl said...

That seriously sucks. I have recently learned the negative effects of gossiping. I really hate it, but sometimes I just get so caught up in what other people are saying that I find myself joining in. I always feel horrible after. I hope I never did anything like that to you. You are seriously way too nice to have anyone ever say something bad about you.

Seriously, we need to get together sometime. Conner could use some more friends. He really only hangs out with his cousin who is 18 months older than him. I am usually free everyday except wednesdays.

Emily said...

hey friend. your psot really made em think of how terrible at that i am. i really do want to get together with you though. call me, i mean it.

Haley said...

Isn't it funny how some things never change! Do you think we'll ever grow out of having insecurities? I guess that's what keeps us humble. Glad to know there are other out there who have those days too!! Thanks for sharing! Love to check your blog!!

The Leatherberry's said...

Okay, so when I read this I was just thinking I've been there too. I am so bad when it comes to those insecurities. I hate them! I hope your okay now. I wanted you to know that your blog is adorable! Carlee is so stinkin cute! But I'm sure you know that, you guys just have such cute girls!! Anyway, I hope everything is good with you now! Let's all get together when we get back!