So, I finally gave into the trend and added the memory post! The first few times I ran across this I didn't post a memory. I know I'm horrible! I tend to have to ponder these things and I just thought, I really don't have time to think of a good one. But then everyone started having this as a post, so I caved and started leaving memories. So for those of you who I haven't yet posted a favorite memory, let me know and I'll do it! Or you can just get back at me and not do it, because I deserve it:) Anyway, here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
18 comments:
Lenae, One thing I always think of about you is how caring you are & your so sweet, but not like one of those annoying sweet girls :) your just so genuine, & the reason I always think this is when we would come to your apt & hang out a few times, you would talk to ME like genuinely not just tryin to make small talk, but were really interested in me, anyways I always thought that was really neat & you were the first "wife" to do that...& mostly I remember you showing me your engagement announcement scrapbook! How neat was that? And when you showed me that I just thought to myself how caring you & how much love you have for your friends! haha it actually motivated me to save invitations in hoping I could someday have a quite the collection as well! So far I am unsuccessful I lose them or they get beat up....haha I guess I don't like my friends too much ;)
You are so sweet! Thanks for the comment on my blog!
One of my favorite memories of you was when we were in Dance Co. You told me that your friend Jeff had a crush on me and wanted to ask me out. I was seriously more excited to have an excuse to hang out with you than I was to go out with Jeff! I just thought you were such a cool, nice, fun girl and I wanted to become better friends with you! Who knew that 6 years later we'd still be so close! I love you tons!
Ah man, where do I start? I remember building cities on the living room floor on Sunday afternoons with books as the roads.
I remember playing at Melissa's and Lindsey's. Playing in the gully. Playing in the sprinklers. Playing Trolls. Playing Mall Madness ("It's in the CHitchen Store") Dream Phone ("I rrrreally like you!").
I remember trying to learn various dances/skits for family reunion. You were always so much more coordinated than me.
I remember you being there when Daniel through that rock at the sliding glass door and shattered it while Mom and Dad were gone.
I remember you getting your foot caught in the spokes of the Brianna's bike, watching you guys flip as the bike went down, freaking out and riding home to mom and dad so they could get the firefighters to cut you out.
What? You want me to stop? Too bad.
I remember teaming up with you against the boys when they were being annoying. I remember teaming up against you and that, I'll always, always regret.
I remember long chats at night about silly boys.
I remember when you got married and how happy I was for you (and how incredibly fat I was that day).
I remember watching calmly, collectively, bring sweet little Carlee into this world, all the while more concerned about your sweet sick husband and his needs.
And I remember many, many days of sitting around, talking and laughing with you just because. I love you and LOVE all those memories and many, many more!
Alright. Now I'm done.
You did ask, remember? haha!
Ok, the memory that sticks out most in my mind was when I first met you. It was at Summer Olsen's house and we had a whole bunch of our girl friends over and we were watching some movie that we all thought the boys were cute in. You came and you had the cutest braids in your hair and we all just thought you were so pretty. You were so sweet and fun and I loved hanging out with you. I also remember how cute you and Nate were, you guys have always been such a cute couple.
I remember we had a dance class together in jr high and I thought you were the cutest, smallest girl in the world, and definitely a much better dancer than i was... I seriously felt like that jolly green giant next to you!
You are one of the most genuine people I have ever known. You are so open and caring about other people. I also think you are just gorgeous and I love that you married your high school sweetheart. I had so much fun going to lunch with you and all the girls. I can't wait until everyone gets back for the Summer so we can go again!
ok so seriously we really were amazing flamingos!
so many great memories from highschool and pdc. I agree that we are very funny girls and i think we are "kindred spirits". we're just on the same page and don't have to do alot of explainging why we think something.
yes lets get together. i have to wrok both of those days but maybe the next week.
My first memory of you was when Julie Harvey told me to go across the street and meet the new girl who moved in. I thought she was crazy! Good thing you turned out to be super cool. :)
Right after I was put into my calling at church I think I called you daily for help. You were so sweet you always helped me out so much. Then when we first moved into the ward you by far one of the first people who went out of your way to welcome me in the ward. Your such a sweet person, thank you.
Right after I was put into my calling at church I think I called you daily for help. You were so sweet you always helped me out so much. Then when we first moved into the ward you by far one of the first people who went out of your way to welcome me in the ward. Your such a sweet person, thank you.
I remember you always being way too nice to me (not that it was a bad thing). I could tell you were just a genuinely nice person. If you think about it we should have been mortal enemies in High School, but you made it impossible for me to not like you. I always liked to hang out with you and Nikki. You are a very fun girl!
I don't think I ever thanked you for the baby gift you gave me when I was pregnant with Conner. Sorry, I am horrible with that. Well, better late than never. Thank you so much. It meant a lot to me that you would even think of me. You truly are a way better person than I could ever dream of.
By the way I totally love your new family pictures. We just got ours done too, but I am too lazy to order the ones I want.
Just a side note, you never left me a comment on my memories post.
Lanae, It was so good to see you at the parade on Saturday. Seriously your family is SO darling!
I think among the many memories I have of you the one that sticks out the most is ALL OF THOSE AF BOYS!!! - Rachel Allen
You guys coming and meeting me when I fist moved to Highland. You were the first friends that I made. Girls camp. Teaching line dancing together to all the YW. Choir. You and Nate coming to our reception and told me you were getting married. I always knew you two would get married. Great memories. Great friend.
I remember you sing beautifully and I remember playing at the park while our mom's excercised (see Natalie's blog). Solveig and I loved playing with you and Natalie.
i don't have a blog but i want to join in on the memory fun! i remember when you and nate were dating and i always gave you a hug when i saw you! i think i scared you half to death....but i also remember talking to you outside the writing lab at UVSC while you were stretching for dance (while nate was on his mission)...oh yeah, and who could forget convergys...haha! those were the days :)
I have never actually met you face to face. And no exact memory yet, but we do have alot in common. We seem to be living the same life, but you are 2 weeks ahead of me. de-je-vue (can't spell)?
I am sorry this is late in coming, but how could I not post something about this? Where do I even start. In fact there are just to many memories with you to even pick just one to focus on. How about the dead skunk--or the dead rat was pretty good too. I always loved going to watch you and jess dance. Remember the guys from Alta and how we met them? That was funny. There are just so many memories! Thanks for being such a great friend always now and then! Love you girl!
Post a Comment