I haven’t posted much lately, mostly because I have been slacking at taking pictures. Since Nate started up full time school again our days have been one of the same. Aubrey also started her second year of preschool and of course LOVES it. We are part of a small neighborhood preschool so I have the opportunity to teach once a month, which has been nice to be involved in what Aubrey’s learning. Of course the nicest part about this preschool is… it’s… FREE! The weeks that I don’t teach Carlee and I have mommy and me time, which sometimes turns into “Carlee woke up too early and still needs a morning nap” time and I can’t complain about that either, it’s nice to have free time to do get things do that I need to. Carlee has been learning new things each day as well. I can’t believe how fast she is picking up on things! I won’t go into detail on the many cute/new things she is doing just yet , that will have to wait for her big milestone (18 months) post coming up next month.
Stop hear if you don’t want to read my rambling thoughts. I feel like I need to record my feelings on a certain subject, don’t know why, but whenever I think about posting this is the thing that comes to mind.
I will try to be better at posting but for now I just wanted to leave you with something that has been on my mind A LOT lately…. ADOPTION. It might sound crazy, especially seeing that I am pregnant with my third baby and have not been directly involved with an adoption. However, my sweet sister in law is adopted and I don’t know what we would do without her in our family. Anyway, a few months back I came across this family’s blog (some of you may already be following this blog). The R family is a family with 2 adopted little boys. Right now they are fighting to keep their youngest son who is a little over a year old. The birth mother still wants her child to be with the R family, however the birth father and his mother are fighting it. I’ve been praying for this family because all they want is to be sealed to this little boy and instead are having to go through this heartache and battle. They have already been to court and are just fasting, praying and waiting to hear what the judge rules.
It has brought me to tears many times while reading their blog (I’m pregnant so I’m not kidding when I say “many”). I can’t imagine what I would do if I thought I could lose Carlee (she’s just a couple month older). I have no doubt that this family loves their son just as much as I love my Carlee.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this birth month and what she has to go through as well. I’ve watched two episodes of the show “16 and pregnant”; one episode where the girl decided to keep the baby and the other brave girl chose adoption. I can only imagine that giving a baby that you’ve carried for 9 months to someone else is INCREDIBLY hard. You know the saying “adoption is love”? It’s got to be! It is such a selfless thing to do to want more for your baby then you can give them. Again maybe it is because I’m pregnant that I realize how much respect I have for these women that chose adoption. Could I be that strong if I were in their situation? Thankfully I never took that path because is it a hard one, but people make mistakes. From reading this birth mother’s blog, I know that handing her baby over to the R family was painful for her. Now instead of trying to pick up the pieces and move on, she has to continue to fight for her choice. Her blog is called “mistakes becoming miracles”. She realized that she made a mistake and then realized that she could turn this mistake into something much more, a child for a couple that so badly wants one, a blessing, a miracle.
I’ve been praying a lot for all those involved in this situation. I pray that Heavenly Father’s plan is for them to have this little boy. And I pray that this will resolve quickly and not turn into an ongoing battle. If you're still reading this and feel so inclined, please pray for them too!
I’ve always loved this song by Michael McLean:
3 comments:
The R house is such a good blog I've followed a few families on there that I just think are amazing! I have definately been keeping that family in my prayers! 16 & pregnant the adoption episode has been tugging at my emotions... I think giving a baby up for adoption is the most selfless act EVER. You know what other blog you may enjoy? http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ Seriously you will be glued. This lds family got in a plane crash & the husband got our unharmed went back in for his wife in the burning plane, they both spent that last year in the burn units...and they have like 4 kids.. its an amazing blog you would LOVE
I love this subject of adoption because my twin sister and I were adopted. I can't imagine what our lives would be like if we hadn't been given up by our drug addicted birth mother. Adoption is amazing!! It blesses the lives of the ones adopted, the one being adopted, and the mother giving up her baby. Hope all is well with you, and your pregnancy. By the way, how is Logan? Are you guys enjoying it there?
Lenae, my mind has been completely overcome with the thought of adoption lately as well, and the topic seems to pop up at me in very unexpected places, like your blog for example :O) I've even been dreaming about it. Perhaps because my mother was adopted but it's been really strange how much it has been on my mind lately. I've been keeping up with the R House too, and I can't believe how heartbreaking their story is. How incredibly selfish of that birth father!! I can't hardly believe it. One of my friends in Syracuse adopted a newborn this summer, and it turns out that the R Family used to be in my friends ward. It's a small world! But I know a lot of people who have been blessed by adoption, and I love hearing other peoples' stories. Got to love blogging, for that!
So when are we going to get together? Life is crazy with both of our husbands back in school now, but we'll have to squeeze in a Saturday sometime!
Post a Comment