Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happenings

For the 2 people that care to read my blog, here are a few happenings or thoughts I've had as of lately...

- I was excited for sweater weather, but the weather seems to have skipped the cool breeze and went straight to COLD! I'm not a fan.

- I can't eat popcorn without dropping pieces. I don't know what it is about popcorn, but I always spill it!

- Carlee managed to "try" to climb out of her crib, but fell out instead. We caught her trying to reach her leg up over the bar a few times before but figured she was too short. Once I realized she was okay and nothing was broken I couldn't help but laugh, seriously how did she do that! Luckily we discovered there was one more latch to move her mattress down so hopefully that won't happen again. We are planning on moving her to a "big girl" bed soon anyway, so the crib will be ready for the baby.

Isn't this picture of Carlee cute??? I took it a couple month ago and forgot to post it. Her darling bow was made by a friend who sent me SO many cute bows and I LOVE them!


- Speaking of baby, I'm now in the third trimester and feeling big. She is more of a squirmy mover than a hard kicker and I can't complain. The heart burn however I will complain about... yuck!!!
I really don't want to post this tacky picture of myself, but I've been asked about pregnancy pictures. I know I'll regret this and erase it, but here I am at 25 week (I'm now almost 27 weeks)

- My social butterfly Aubrey is still enjoying preschool, she loves anytime with friends. Once again, she has developed a chronic cough like last winter. She has a doctors appointment in Nov. so I'll ask about it again then. I'm not very hopefully though because last year I took her to 3 different doctors and they couldn't tell me anything. Because it came back the minute it got cold again I'm thinking there is some connection. It comes on when she is laying down or running around, just like my asthma does, but she seems to be breathing fine. I wish I knew how to take it away! If anyone has any suggestions...

- This is a picture of a comb completely stuck in Aubrey's hair. She asked if she could get out of bed to go to the bathroom and of course we let her, but also warned her that she has to get right back in bed because we've caught her many times hanging out in there putting clips in her hair, etc. Well this night she got right back in bed like we asked, but took a comb with her... stinker. She called me in her room a while later for me to fine the comb stuck to her head. I tried a few minutes to get it out, but it wouldn't budge. I called Nate to get me some scissors to cut it out. Nate didn't want me to cut her hair and so he spent 20 minutes getting that comb out. We even had to cut the comb. Then it took me another 15 to comb the knot out. Aubrey would cry every time we mentioned scissors. We couldn't help but smile at each other when Aubrey wasn't looking. She said she was try to curl her hair like Shirley Temple.


- We were able to go down to visit our families over conference weekend. We had a great time and miss being so close to them! Aubrey cried when we left my families house and then again when we pulled up to our neighborhood. Being the pregnant women I am got teary eyed to see her so sad. I told her we'd see her Grandmas and Grandpas again soon and she said it is too far away. She said this morning that she had a dream that she missed her grandmas and grandpas. : (

- I've been a ball of stress lately about our new hospital rules. They won't allow children 14 and under pass the front lobby because of the flu season. This means that my girls can't come visit me in the hospital after I have this baby. We have yet to leave Carlee over night, so this will be extremely hard... for me more than for her I'm sure. She has been a bit clingy to me lately which just adds to my concern.

- Nate is out right now getting some more fly fishing in before it gets TOO cold. He has quite the load this semester so I'm glad he has time to get away from his busy life. He started off his semester pretty stress with his classes. He was able to get his back to school blessing from his father when we went down last weekend and I've already noticed a different this week. I'm sure his classes are still stressful, but he has been more relax and I have no doubt it's because of his blessing. I'm SO grateful for the priesthood.

- Carlee has been a little more irritable lately just waiting for that third tooth (yes she finally has a couple teeth) to poke through. She's been pretty good about it though, just a lot of drool because she has her hands in her mouth constantly.

- I finally have some pictures to post, thanks to Kenzie who took them and sent them too me!





18 comments:

Camie said...

i think you look great! and don't worry about the popcorn thing ... I'm the same way :)

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU!!!! And your beautiful family! 2 more months! Can you come down and stay in Utah County for awhile after we get back? Please say yes!

epb said...

You are too cute! I want to update you on my life. I have fall break this week so if you have time monday, tuesday or wednesday, lets get together!

Hannah said...

Lenae!
I can't even believe its you. I have missed you so much! We need to catch up sometime soon. Your family is so cute! You are going to have to help me because you look like a pro. I have no idea what I am doing. You look Great and I'm so glad you found my blog.
Miss you, Hannah

Eileen said...

Hey. If you need help when you have that baby, I'm here. I can come to your house in the middle of the night, or whatever you need.

And. I forgot we were going to take some pics of the kids. I can still help you, or the ones Kenzie took are VERY cute.

LMK

Rowley Family said...

Its just the hormones that are making you worry! :) You know we will be here to always help! I can't wait for her to arrive!

Emily said...

ya the new rules stink! they went into affect and told me about it ab hour before i delivered. it was so hard to think i was going to see my girls in a few days instead of hours.

Beth said...

I hate it when people would say things to me like this "Wow, third trimester already, that was quick!" But it seems like you just announced you were pregnant! Can't wait to see new pics of the little one. Your family is so beautiful.

Eileen said...

I would love to take the belly photos! I kinda started with a cold last night, so maybe we should do it next week. Any day but Wednesday. Let me know what works for you. Between 11:00 to 3:00ish is best with lighting in my room.

The Leatherberry's said...

You guys are way too cute! I'm glad you got to be with family recently. That's always nice! Your stories, some of them, crack me up like the comb one:) Poor girl! And all I can say is I HATE this cold/flu season!!! I hope all goes well with your family and your new addition when she comes:) By the way, you look great!!!

Taylor's said...

The girls are adorable! And you look so cute, too! Don't delete that picture! I hope things are going well and your heart burn has started to subside. No fun...

Victoria Elder said...

poor aubrey! haha at least it wasn't gum or something... You look great & Carlee is getting SO big! I heard about the new hopsital rules, thats hard!

Krissy said...

Hey, I totally found your blog on Tawni's so, I'm going to have to add it to my list. Your girls are getting so big! I'm sad I missed you guys at the Rowley-non-reunion. Congrats on the bun in the oven! Also, have Kenzie add me to her blog list so I can stay updated on their lives as well (kirbytank@hotmail.com)

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Totally dying about your cute kids! I can't wait for the next one! By the way you look SO cute prego! I have no idea what you were talking about? The pic must stay! Thanks for your sweet comment too by the way! It made my day! Hopefully i can have cute Easton in my class :-) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lenae,

I can't believe how far along you are, I feel like it was just yesterday that you told me you were pregnant again. I am way excited for you. You have the cutest little family! Your girls sound like they are so much fun and they do the funniest things. I love Carlee's bows! Aubrey and the Shirley Temple curls cracked me up! It reminds me of when I was little. Can't wait for your new little arrival. Much Love!

Tawni & Dan said...

K- you have way more than two people that love to keep up with your blog! I swear I have never had more than 3 comments. Pathetic. You look fantastic! I can't believe this little girl will be here so soon! Can't wait to meet her.

Marcistar said...

Lenae...wow I can't believe how big your girls are getting! Carlee in a big girl bed soon...wow! And you look so good! You're going to be a mom of 3 soon!! That's so awesome! I'm so excited for you! We miss you guys! Let us know when you come down!!!

Lindsey Smith said...

I just read this post about Aubrey and the comb and I have to tell you I was laughing my head off.