1. We have a garage!
Our many years of scraping snow and ice off our cars is now over! Nate said that our cars run better because they are now "happy". He was just kidding but (as my family knows) I really believe it!
This tree is really close to our home... it's cold here... but beautiful.

2. Nate's job.
Nate found out yesterday he got the job that he has been dreaming about since we heard about it! His last job was a good one too, and a HUGE blessing for us the last 4 years. But it was full time and really draining. His new job....He is a film assistant for the athletics department up here at Utah State. He is going to be paid to watch basketball and football! After his boss told him he got the job, he said that he needed a couple things from Nate...His Utah State ID # and he also needs his clothing sizes because he likes to hook his guys up with gear, and Nate loves athletic gear. But the best part about his job is that Nate is SO excited about it! He seriously can not stop thinking/talking about it. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father is watching out for Nate. He has worked so hard for our family for years, it is nice to see him have a job that he is passionate about!

3. Socks.
I wear socks! Those people that know me well, know that I am one of those people that wear sandals ALL year. Not only is it that cold in Logan, we are also keeping our heat down because we are now in charge of our own utilities! I started wearing socks one night when I could not get warm, even under the covers. Then I started wearing sock and SHOES outside. Crazy, I know!
I love my girls!
Now that Nate is home at a decent hour every night (he used to get home at 11:30pm), I actually get to make him dinner. I love it! I like cooking so much better when I'm cooking for someone that wouldn't rather just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
(Aubrey has been trying out her photography skills. She doesn't quite understand that my camera takes a couple seconds to take after you press the button. So all of our pictures ended up like this.)
5. The girls.
Aubrey and Carlee are growing up so much. Right now Aubrey is learning to master the letters of her name, although she won't attempt to write an "e". Right now she is working on earning a "camp out" with Dad. No, not outside in the snow... her grandma and grandpa Rowley gave her this little tent set that she loves so Nate's going to camp out in the living room with her and watch movies. I made her this sticker chart from DLTK's-kids site. For anyone that has young ones I totally recommend this website, it's so easy to print out weekly custom chore charts, along with activities/crafts to help with teaching your kids alphabet, numbers, animals etc... Anyway, Aubrey has really enjoyed doing this and she has been SO much better for me! This has been a good process for me too because I am taking the time to really notice and praise her every time she does something good!
No, we didn't buy her this cute car. We did let her sit in it though!

Carlee is still our little spit fire girl! She doesn't hesitate to tell us if she needs something. She is all over the place, which has made for a few bumps on the head. She loves her sister and anything Aubrey does can make her laugh. I can be making a fool out of myself and she barely cracks a smile, but if Aubrey blinks she laughs! I hope that they continue to be good friends and watch out for one another.
We have felt so blessed lately. Our sweet Father in Heaven has been so aware of our little family and the needs we have. We feel his love for us everyday! Thank you to all of our family and friends that have been praying for us through this transition in our lives. We've felt those prayers!



16 comments:
I'm so glad things are going so well for you guys! I think I'd be sad you weren't close to "home" if I was closer myself so in the mean time, I'm so happy for you! Love you!
Congrats on Nate's job! That sounds like it will be really awesome! Also, I was driving around PG one day and someone had rigged a bunch of hoses and had made a huge ice fountain and I thought "I need to take a picture and put that on my blog". That icy tree reminded me!
You guys all look great! Your girls are darling. Aubrey's hair is sure getting long!!
Glad you are doing well up in Logan!
Lenae! You look soooo good!! I love that pic of you and your girls. Tell Nate congrats on the new job! I bet he'll love that. And i'm sure John will be jealous! Nate deserves a great job that he loves though, after spending so much time taking care of all those naughty kids at the USH. I'm glad you're liking Logan, and that things seem to be going very well for you! Oh and i'm very envious of your garage! Lately my key hole has been freezing and it takes me like 10 minutes to even get my door open in the mornings. One day i'll be lucky enough to have a garage...and a dishwasher... and a laundry room...and a closet to hang our coats in... Oh the things we take for granted until we no longer have them!
I'm so excited for you guys! That is so awesome about Nate! It's gotta be good to like to go to work:) Your girls are adorable! They are getting big so fast. I'm glad things are going good for you out there and can't wait to see you guys again. Have a good one!!
i'm glad that you like it up there and that things are going well. hooray for nate's job. brian would be droolin g over a job like that, lol. thanks for the kid site. i'm totally going to use it.
Sounds like you guys are so happy up there. I am SO glad for you guys. We had a time when we were going to go up there (we actually looked for apartments and everything) but things just didnt work out, and Jeff ended up changing his major. I still kinda wish we did end up up there, because it is a beautiful place! I am so happy for you and your little girls look happy too. We will be coming to visit, I promise!
Lenae I could not be happier for you guys! Doesn't it just make you feel so much better about a decision when EVERYTHING falls into place and works out for the best? Tell Nate we're so happy for him! Your girls are just so cute! I hope my girls will be close like that! I'm so glad you're happy and doing so well!
Hi Lanae! It's Erin. I found your blog off of Tawni's (hope you don't mind). Congratulations on the new job. It sounds awesome! Good luck with all the new changes!
By the way, Jake still talks about Aubrey all the time. He loves her!
All the pictures are so cute! I'm glad you guys are loving it there, but we sure do miss you. Can't wait to see you all next week!
Lenae- you are one of the most genuine and sweet people I have ever met. I just had to say that. I couldn't be happier for you guys, I'm so glad your enjoying it up there. You guys deserve all the happiness in the world :)
By the way... where do you get those adorable crochet (I can't spell) headbands? I can't find them in idaho!
I cannot believe we have not come to visit you yet!
I cannot believe we have not come to visit you yet!
Change is always a scary thing! I'm really happy to hear how great Logan is for you and Nate! It's so nice to see that your little family is doing so well! Congrats to Nate on his new job! I know what you mean about socks! I think we are going through the same weather problems. When I see that in Tucson it is 70 and here it is -30, I'm wondering why I'm here. Your girls are getting so big! I love the camp out reward! You def. have to get pictures of that when it happens. Great to see you blogging again! I've really missed seeing what you have been up to! Oh, and you have no idea how jealous I am of your garage! Miss you! I'll let you know when we are coming out--probably late June!
Your girls are so cute! I love the matching pictures in your other blog entry. Maddie just started sunbeams too, and it is amazing how time flies and your baby is in primary. Livie is the same as Carlee, she laughs at anything Maddie does. If Maddie gets excited she does too. Have you tried the bath together, I did it this week and man they can soak the whole bathroom quick. The best part they are laughing the whole time. I am very jealous of you having your husband home in the evenings (I wish with all my heart!). I am glad things are good in logan.
Sounds like everything is going great! I hope that things continue to be that way for you! I love your positive outlook! Your girls are so cute! Hope to see you the next time you are down. Give me a ring.
That's so great! Sounds like everything is falling into place! Isn't that the best! What an amazing job for Nate! I am sad you guys are sooo far away but Happy you guys are doing great! You guys deserve it! MIss ya guys!
Post a Comment