
Aubrey is now officially in Primary and is a Sunbeam! I can't believe my baby is that old. We've been telling her for a year now that she can go to primary when she is a little bigger. (She was sad when her friends left nursery to go to primary last January.) When we woke her up for church on Sunday she kept saying, "but I DON"T have to go to sunbeams today right?" I didn't understand why all of a sudden she was acting scared to go... it wasn't helping that we were in a new ward either. We told her it was time for her to go to because she is a big girl. While Nate was pouring her cereal for breakfast I overheard her starts to tell him what I told her... "She's getting to be a big girl and big girls go to primary...etc..." Then she says to him, and I quote, "..and after I go to Sunbeam I will be big to drive!" Apparently my daughter is 3 going on 16. I didn't know just how excited she has been to start driving.
Well Aubrey was extremely hesitate, but she went to sunbeams. I'll never forget the washed out look she had on her face as I left her there. At that point we were still a little confused on why she was SO scared. Don't get me wrong, she has her shy moments, but this was different. When Nate went to get her she was as happy as can be and he asked her if she had fun and this is what she said, and I again I quote, "Yes! and Dad, I didn't grow TOO big!" That's when we figured out that our poor girl thought that in Sunbeams, she was going to magically grow as big as mom and dad! Not wonder why she thought she would be able to drive after sunbeams. Man, if that is really what happens in sunbeams, I would be scared too :) She has been so proud that she is now a sunbeam she has to tell everyone she sees. I love my little girl!
I thought I would throw some pictures in of my girls of there first matching shirts. However after waking them up on Christmas morning so we could be all the places we needed to be, and then a long Christmas day, the pictures turned out, well....grumpy, especially little Carlee.
We are finally here in Logan! We've spent the last couples weeks settling in and getting over sickness here in our home...again...I swear someone is always sick. Nate started school today and said it all went really well. We are really enjoying it up here and know this is were we should be at this point in our lives. We miss you all! Everyone is welcome to come up and visit anytime!



15 comments:
What a cute little nursery story! I worked in there recently and it is so much fun. Those kids are so funny.
That is the cutest story! What a sweetheart! I'm glad you got up to Logan okay!
Aubrey is SO FUNNY! I could not stop laughing while reading that how cute! I am glad you guys are settled! Can't wait to see ya guys again!
That's funny! I loved sunbeams, it was my favorite class to teach! They say and do the funniest things! Hope all is well in Logan and hope you had a great Christmas.
How funny is that story!!! SHe's growing up! And don't even worry about not getting out here Lenae! I know how it is to be so busy especially moving! I'm glad you guys are settled! We'll miss ya but hopefully it won't be too long before we see you again!
I am glad to hear all is going well. The winters might be bad, but the summers have got to be awesome. You have two beautiful girls.
If Nate needs a Dr., I work for a good internist at the Budge Clinic (IHC facility.) I could get him in if you want. I hope you guys like Logan. We love it here!
funny funny funny! Kids are the greatest! The pictures of your girls look adorable...and Carlee doesn't look grumpy...don't worry :)
I miss that girl already!! And you too! Love you!
That is so cute about Sunbeams and growing up! Your girls are so adorable. So you are in Logan?? How fun!
The girls are so cute! And getting so big!
I hope things are going well in Logan.
Hey you guys!!! I'm so happy for you guys to get all settled in in Logan. Everyone I know that has lived there has loved it. I'm so sad we didn't get to see eachother over Christmas. Make sure you come to the reunion this summer at least :) Russ is in charge so I think it may be in our neck of the woods. Come early and stay with us! You look so cute in that picture with Carlee. I miss you guys. Love ya!
Hey!! How are you liking logan? We should do something sometime!! I heard your place is great! Where is and how do we go about applying for that? We are in a tiny basement apartment but if we could get a little more room and afford it that would be nice! Hope you are loving it here, we sure do! Your girls are ADORABLE!!
That is such a funny story! How cute! I can't believe she is so big! I feel so bad that we never got to meet up before you left. Maybe sometime we can catch you guys when you come down! And by the way, you look so cute in that picture!!!
AMy is having issues with us calling her a big girl too (we're trying to potty train). You're girls are so cute. I love the matching, it's my favorite!
Post a Comment