Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Goodbye my friend *Tears*

My girls are asleep and I just finish my last order for Geopak (that's my dad's company I'm running the office for) so I'm going to attempt to blog! I don't think that I really have had time to think about much lately, I've been constantly busy with something. And if I've gotten a free moment in the last couple days, I'm been watching the Olympics!

I love everything about the Olympics. I don't know what it is but it is just magical to me. I have had a count down to the Olympics in my head since the Winter Olympics! I even watched the Kayaking for a minute today...I know nothing about Kayaking but it's the Olympics I have to watch! I think I'm a bit obsessed! In fact, I still have the girls gymnastics recorded from the Olympics in 1996. You know, the Magnificent Seven? I still will pull it out and watch it at least once a year. Again, a tad obsessed.

So I have a story I have to share. And I'm in need of some serious sympathy heading my way! I tend to type out exactly how I would tell it so I apologize if it is hard to follow.

Last Wednesday morning Nate and I were heading to Walmart for a few things. Being that I am ghostly white and don't even try to tan anymore, I had to hurry and put a little bit of tanning lotion on my legs before I left the house. I don't want to scare anyone and I don't want skin cancer like my mom so tanning lotion is my best bet. Anyway, I hurried and took off my rings to put it on because if not I end up with orange under my rings. I got to Walmart and said out loud to Nate, "I hate when I forget to put my rings back on!" There are only a handful of times I have forgotten my rings, I have to have them.

Later that day, back at the house, I was exercising in the living room and Aubrey had gone to go potty, or so I thought. She later told me she went #2 and she is supposed to call me into wipe her and she didn't. I tell her if she doesn't that she could get sick (yeast/bladder infections) and have to go to the doctor, but sometimes she doesn't call me in anyway. In fact that night while she was going potty before bed she called me in crying and telling me she hurts. So I start to tell her we probably have to take her to the doctor (Which I did the next day, no infection). I noticed that my engagement ring is still on the counter, but not my wedding band. She I ask her, knowing that she was in there a few times by herself, "Aubrey, where is mama's other ring?" And guess what her response was?...She said ever so calmly, "I flushed it" Ahhhhh!

I continued to asked her more questions and she said, "I put in on my leg while I was going poo poos and it fell in and I FLUSHED it" (She really put the emphasis on flushed, by the way and did a little hand motion too). She didn't even care what she just did! I started crying and she still didn't understand, she kept saying, "why is mommy crying?" Either that or she just didn't care, because she is still acts like, So What? I flushed it, it's no big deal. Because she is acting this way I finally told her I was going to flush her silky down the toilet and she started crying. I felt bad that she believed me, but I think that she finally understood how special that ring was to me. THAT was the ring that we exchanged in the temple, that was MY wedding ring! Not to mention it was a diamond band and it wasn't cheap.

I called Nate right after she told me she flushed it and he asked how I was doing and I replied "Not Good" while sobbing and then told him what happened. He said he thought that someone died by the way I was crying. I guess that would have been worse, but I can't help but mourn my ring.

Here's is my little trouble maker at her finest! Thank Goodness for washable markers!

Even through Aubrey's troublesome moments, she truly is a wonderful little girl and has a smile and laugh that melts my heart!

Here are some picture from our ward Pioneer day activity last month. She marched in the little parade they had and she sure has a great time with her ward friends.



Here is our second little sleeping angel. Can't wait to she what kind of trouble she will get into!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. Good thing that girl is stinkin' adorable! Sorry!

The Leatherberry's said...

Oh my gosh! That sucks! I would be so sad too. How are you doing? It's true, good thing she's so darn cute!!

Camie said...

I'm so sorry!! That is not a fun story at all!

Eileen said...

When Kellie was a toddler she put my wedding ring down the overflow hole in the bathroom sink! It took Dave over an hour, but he somehow got it out. It was all scratched up, but I still have it. So sorry Nate can't fish yours out. And you're right, a death would have been worse. Maybe someday you'll look back and laugh. Let's hope!

Mallory said...

Yep... as you know, I feel your pain a LITTLE too well! There's just something soooo special about the actual wedding rings that you get on your wedding day. Ugh. I did the same thing -cried and cried- when John lost his. I guess eventually we'll get over it. And I LOVE that you told her you were going to flush her silky down the toilet!!! That's too funny. I'm sure she realized then what she had done.

The Girardo Family said...

Oh my gosh! Sorry about the ring! That would be awful! Doesn't that just get you upset when your cute little toddler acts like what they did meant nothing but broke your heart. Well you still love them and they love you! Hope you are doing better now! sorry again!

Kristy Stoner said...

heck yes I want to go to the pool! i'm always up for anything that involves being outside. It makes me feel so much better to get fresh air.

Cheryl said...

That totally sucks, I am so sorry for you. I haven't gotten to that stage yet, thankfully. What are you going to do? Are you going to get a new ring?

Andy and Mallory: said...

My heart just dropped when I read your story. I am so sorry! Your girls are so cute!!

Haley said...

First of all, I'm glad that my child isn't the only one that doesn't know how to wipe after he goes poo poo. More importantly, how crappy about your ring. Just think, in 10 years or so, you'll have a good chuckle about this. . . Maybe. Landon's wedding ring is at the bottom of Utah Lake somewhere. There's a chunk of change down the . . toilet. Sorry for the analogy. I couldn't resist.