Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Finally a birth date!

So I finally decided on a birth date for our baby girl. It's going to be Wednesday, April 30th! Well, that's if everything goes as planned. I had concerns about that day because that the first day of Nate's summer block classes at school. I didn't want to be started in the morning and risk Nate not being there when she is born. The nurse reassured me that they start inductions all day long. She said that when the hospital calls me with a time to come in and if I think it's too early, that I just ask if they can bump up someone else on the list to be induced before me. So, I know that might be a stressful day trying to time it right but obviously I thought it was worth it. This way I can come home before Aubrey's 3rd birthday too! The one sad thing about this date is that that means I am going to have to miss John and Mallory's wedding on the 1st. It will be the first out of all of Nate's friends weddings that I will miss. Seeing that I met Nate at age 15, his friends mean a lot to me too, and I am sad I won't get to be there. Hopefully Nate will still be able to make it, I can handle a couple alone hours in the hospital with the new baby, right? Besides, Dr. Melendez even said that he's not sure if I will even make it to the induced date, after he checked me today. I'd like to said it gave me hope that I will go even earlier (before Nate's classes start) but it really didn't. I was two days late with Aubrey and my mom was late with all of her kids. She was the lastest with me, I was three weeks late, horrible huh? So I deserve all that is coming to me!

The only other news I have is that Aubrey woke up last night a 11:45pm (just as we were going to bed, of course) throwing up. I hate when she is sick with anything, but throwing up is the worse. She gets to the point that I swear she is throwing up her insides. Sorry for the visual. This flu bug scares me right now for a couple of reasons. One, I got the flu when I was pregnant with Aubrey and it was the worst night of my life, and I don't want to do it again. Second, and most important is that I really don't want Nate to get this either. As many of you know he was diagnosed not even two weeks ago with Type 1 diabetes. The fun life of pricking the finger and giving himself insulin shots all day long. Anyway, one of the things the doctors saids is be careful if you ever get the flu. They see a lot of diabetics come back to the hospital because they can't get their blood sugar steady when they can't hold anything down. I just don't want him to have to go through anything more. So, I'm hoping we did enough not to catch it, but we had to get knee deep in it to take care of Aubrey. She finally stopped the throwing up and fell back to sleep around 3am. And she woke up happy and feeling good, which makes me extremely happy!

I thought I'd add a picture I took of Nate in the ICU. Don't all the tubes and the monitors make it feel so cozy? He saw this picture last night and said, "WOW! I really was looking sick, my face is so skinny!" And that's exactly what I had been telling him for months! Hence, the reason I made him a doctors appointment.

After a night in the hospital and two weeks of insulin shots and finger pricking he already is looking and feeling so much better. I have quite the handsom husband! Sure, it is a pain to do those things, but he really hasn't complained. He's our hero.
These pictures were taken today before my doctors appointment. We went out to lunch first, did not make for a fun number on the scale at the doctors appointment!

See, she woke up a happy girl, after a miserable night of the flu. And she stayed happy all day!

10 comments:

Mathie Fam said...

I am glad to hear the Aubrey is ok! I hope you and Nate don't get the flu. That's just miserable. I am excited for you to have your baby! I am going to need your address here so if you could email it to me that would be great! Hope all goes well with the baby!

Camie said...

You are so cute Lenae! I'm glad you could decide on a birthdate. April's a perfect month for a birthday :).

Victoria Elder said...

I am excited for your baby to come and for Aubrey to have her very own baby sister, she just loves little babies! Did you choose to be induced or did you have to? I liked beind induced. Well I hope Aubrey continues being happy & healthy. Having a virus is the worst Dax just got over 10 days straight of throwing up! It was miserable, 4-5 times a day, blegh it was so sad his little eyes would pop outta his head...but then he would smile & just wanna snuggle. Oh and I am glad Nate is doing good, he looks good too! I can't believe that picture of him at the hospital he looked so so thin!

Anonymous said...

That little Aubrey is so dang cute, she looks just like your little girl pictures, Lenae. I cringe when I hear the word flu. There is nothing worse than throwing up. Some foods you will just never eat again or for a long time. I am so glad that Nate is doing better. I am sorry you had to go through a lot lately. You know what they say, "When it rains, it pours!" Sounds like you are being super positive and optimistic about everything. I really admire your strength. Your little girl (which I wasn't sure what you were having until I read to your blog) is going to be so cute, just like Aubrey. I am excited and happy for you. Keep in touch.

Nichole Bruce said...

Yeah!!! How exciting, only a few more days. Once you have a date it makes it feel a little more real.
BTW the pic of Aubrey in the car... precious!
I think we're going to try and go to Kangaroo Zoo next week or the week after, if you're up to, I know Aubrey would have a blast. I'll call or email with the details.

Mallory said...

Wow Lenae it's getting soooo close! Hopefully everything times out just right, with the induction and Nate having school and all. I'm sure it will all work out just fine! Sorry Aubrey was so sick!! Thats horrible. Hopefully she got over it quick. And don't you worry Lenae... someday I will find it in my heart to forgive you for missing my wedding ;O) (Obviously joking!) Once things are settled down and you're feeling up to it, you'll have to invite John and I over, to come see your precious little gal!

Steffani Dastrup said...

i completely understand about going out to eat and then not seeing such a friendly number at the doctors! One time I went to "weigh" in and I was very pleased to see that I had only gained one pound. But then the nurse shattered that moment when she told me to take my elbow off the side of the counter. Just like that the scale jumped up 4 more pounds! "That's a very heavy elbow" the nurse said. I've gotten to the point now that I don't even care how much weight I've gained. I figure I'm almost done now and can worry about getting skinny again later!
By the way, I completely disagree! You take a beautiful prego pic! i wish I was little and petite like you are!

Steffani Dastrup said...

I still think that you are a pretty cute prego lady! Especially since this is your 2nd! My appointment went pretty well. Dr. Aagard did schedule me for inducment on May 17th. I told the nurse though that I will cry if I go that long. I'm 80% effaced but not dialted at all! Not even 1 little cm! I was a little disappointed, but he said it's very typical for first time moms! I just really hope I don't go late!

Wyatt and Tara said...

Hey Lenae I tagged you on my blog. I know you are going to have a baby soon though, so no worries if you can't do it. Good luck with everything!

Steffani Dastrup said...

The last appointment went good! I am now 90% effaced and 1.5 dialated! But I'm trying not to get my hopes up! They say you can stay that way for weeks! My dad is on a buisness trip right now, and has made me promise I won't go until he gets home! So I have to hold out until at least May 3rd. You'll go first, don't worry! How are you feeling? I lost my ankels yesterday! The water weight is really fun! :(